We hope you learn something new today because everyone should know these skin facts. Don't forget to protect your skin and reapply!
1. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer worldwide.
2. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
3. SPF 30 is perfectly fine
...According to the American Academy of Dermatology. This will shield you from 95% of UV light. Don't forget to reapply!
4. Nearly 53% of skin cancers in the US occur on the left
...or aka the side you drive on. It is very important to wear sunscreen while you drive.
5. Using indoor tanning beds before age 35 can increase your risk of melanoma.
1. Skin Cancer Foundation
2. Robinson, JK. Sun exposure, sun protection, and vitamin D. JAMA 2005; 294:1541-43
4. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology via Skin Cancer Foundation
5. American Academy of Dermatology